Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Funny Business

Original, hand-decorated Unbreakable Missy & Lori bag
I have received confirmation from several of our Indiegogo supporters that the perks have successfully been delivered! Now that it no longer needs to be kept as a surprise, I can share our "Better than Jansport backpack" perk - the original, hand-decorated bag pictured above.

Today I listened to a What the Fangirl podcast interview with Rebecca Johnson from Supergirl Radio, where they discussed Kimmy Schmidt. It was interesting because they actually spent a lot of time on the episode discussing NBC's decision not to air Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and how the show has thrived on Netflix. I'm so happy it went to Netflix because if it actually did air on NBC, I probably never would have seen it!

Also, during the podcast, they mentioned the "comedy rule of three," a term I had never heard of before. I immediately researched it to learn more, and I'm glad I did. Although I've been a professional nonfiction writer for my personal blog, TopMBA, Intuit, and obviously this blog, I've never written fiction or comedy before. Since this web series marks my first foray into the genre, it was great to learn a new principle to incorporate into my writing. I'd start practicing using it now, but I'm too tired from a day of podcast listening, responding to emails, and donating towels to poor people with the same initials as me. How'd I do? I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment