Wednesday, July 15, 2015

In the News

Emmy nominations will be announced tomorrow, so the entertainment news seems to be awash with nominee predictions. As we eagerly await the official list, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt stars have also made their way into the headlines:

  1. Jane Krakowski will be on Broadway for "She Loves Me." See the Hollywood Reporter article here.
  2. Ellie Kemper was featured in the Montreal Gazette, as she'll be hosting a Just for Laughs Festival gala on July 24. I wish I could return to Montreal to see her there, but I'll just have to settle for following the live tweets.
  3. And the news Missy and I are really, really excited about... Dylan Gelula, who plays Xan in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, has been cast "to star in Kerem Sanga's indie 'First Girl I Loved,' a romantic dramedy about a burgeoning romance between two teenage girls," according to The Wrap. Xan as a lesbian! We cannot wait.

Time also listed Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt as one of the best TV shows of 2015 so far. In other words, if you have Netflix and you haven't seen the show yet, what are you waiting for?

While browsing Kimmy-related posts today on Instagram, I came across this image:


I decided to see how Siri would respond to me. I was secretly hoping hoping she'd say, "Is that you, Kimmy?" so I was pretty disappointed when I got the following:


But I guess it's not too bad of a response after all. "You can be whatever you want to be" sounds a lot like an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt line anyway. (And when I tried, "Siri, I'm a mole woman," I also got "That's messed up.")

On a personal front, as my friend awaits her diagnosis, I am simply staying positive, continuing to send her love, and forging ahead. Thank you to those who have sent prayers and well wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment