Wednesday, July 8, 2015

What's in a Name?

Last night, Missy and I discovered the following on Instagram:



The humorous officialnamemeanings Instagram account had clearly taken note of our Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt parody and included us in their hashtags for the name Kelly. How exciting!

I've been thinking a lot about names recently, especially since Missy and I are using our own names for the Unbreakable Missy & Lori series. I've thought about the fact that two famous people, who were born with the last name Weiss, changed their names:

1. Jonathan Taylor Weiss became the teen heartthrob known as Jonathan Taylor Thomas (JTT).
2. Erik Weisz became the notorious magician Harry Houdini.

Is this a sign? It's quite interesting because the first thing I noted about Missy, before I even met her, was that her last name was my grandmother's maiden name. Though we are most likely not related, I love that we have yet one more thing connecting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment