Thursday, July 23, 2015

Lunch Date

Missy, Lori, and Erin
I had a chance to meet up with Missy and her friend (from Jersey!) Erin for lunch today. Missy and I discussed notes for Episode 2, as we prepare to film our final shots this weekend. Erin mentioned that Missy has shown her a rough cut of Episode 3 - she likes it and can't wait to see it all come together!

When I watched GoldDerby's interview with Tituss Burgess today, I was so happy to hear that he and Ellie Kemper text all the time. I love that they have become real friends. Of course, when it was stated that there was an earlier interview with Ellie Kemper, I had to go ahead and watch that one, too. It made me so sad at the end of the interview when he asks Ellie about the Emmys. She truly did deserve the nomination.

The good news is that Just for Laughs Festival attendees can catch Ellie's gala tomorrow night! I really wish I could be back in Montreal for this. At least CultMTL shared a great interview with Ellie to promote her show. Another Canadian publication The Star also caught up with Ellie. I couldn't help but smile when I saw the correction at the end of the article:  "This article was edited from a previous version that misstated Ellie Kemper's year of birth." I guess they weren't using (my previous employer) Famous Birthdays!

Lastly, yesterday I noted that What the Fangirl's podcast interview that discussed Kimmy Schmidt focused on the show's passing from NBC to Netflix. If you're interested in learning more about the switch, I'd recommend reading "How Netflix Saved Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt," written by Scott Christopher who starred in a community theater production with Tituss Burgess 15 years ago. Also, the Variety article "Emmy Nominations: 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Survives and Thrives" provides more details from series co-creator Robert Carlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment